This position involves assisting project managers with the design and preparation of site grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion control, utility plans, and specifications for single family, multi-family, and commercial developments. Additional duties include permitting and construction administration of projects. The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple projects and work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to interact positively with clients, landowners, and consultants.
REPORTS TO: Senior Engineer/Principal
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES
- Prepare construction documents for infrastructure improvements for residential or commercial land developments including: grading, site hydrology and drainage, erosion control, underground utilities, paving/roadways, and civil/site permitting.
- Provide assistance and direction to engineering staff as needed to coordinate gathering of data and compilation of information necessary to complete project assignments.
- Prepare reports and exhibits, make presentations, and maintain accurate records/notes and other required documentation for assigned projects.
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed within the guidelines established by local, state, and federal laws, regulations, standards, and/or policies.
- Travel to a variety of local project sites for assigned area of responsibility to include construction observation.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes and as-built information.
- Participate in meetings with design team that includes AEC staff, consultants, and owner/client.
- Accompany survey crew or field technicians as needed to locate grading markers, collect data required for revision of construction drawings, and/or perform engineering testing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
- EIT certification (or proof of passing FE Exam if about to graduate)
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D design software.
- Internship experience in land development or civil engineering preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communications skills.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Knowledge of standard drafting practices and procedures.
This position will require staff to be in the office and field with headquarters in Eau Claire, WI.
Advanced Engineering Concepts offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: competitive base salary, medical, 100% paid life insurance, 100% paid Short and Long-Term Disability, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, continuing education, PTO, paid holidays and flexible schedules.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Engineering Concepts, LLC is an equal opportunity employer – www.aec.engineering